Easily one of the best draft classes any NFL team assembled in 2021. Here’s what you need to know about the newest Bengals.
The Cincinnati Bengals have added 10 new players in the 2021 draft class.
The beginning was a little dramatic, with fans split between Oregon Ducks OT Penei Sewell and LSU Tigers WR Ja’Marr Chase. The latter ended up being the pick, but the Bengals did take three offensive linemen in the later rounds.
One round later, the Bengals traded back from their 38th spot to the 46th spot. In return, the Bengals got three total picks from the move, with which they selected Jackson Carman, Tyler Shelvin, and D’Ante Smith.
The Bengals went heavy on the defensive line, with two defensive ends and two defensive tackles. The trenches were the most addressed group on the team, with seven total linemen.
The biggest surprise was that the Bengals drafted a kicker. Evan McPherson was a consistent kicker in college, and hopefully, that translates into the pros.
Without further ado, here is your 2019 Bengals draft class.
- Round 1 • Pick 5 • WR Ja’Marr Chase, LSU Tigers (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 2 • Pick 46 • OT Jackson Carman, Clemson Tigers (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 3 • 69 • DE Joseph Ossai, Texas Longhorns (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 4 • Pick 111 • DE Cameron Sample, Tulane Green Wave (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 4 • Pick 122 • DT Tyler Shelvin, LSU Tigers (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 4 • Pick 139 • OT D’Ante Smith, ECU Pirates (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 5 • Pick 149 • K Evan McPherson, Florida Gators (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 6 • Pick 190 • C Trey Hill, Georgia Bulldogs (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 6 • Pick 202 • RB Chris Evans, Michigan Wolverines (breakdown) (grade)
- Round 7 • Pick 235 • DE Wyatt Hubert, Kansas State Wildcats (breakdown)