- The Athletic’s Jay Morrison writes the Bengals absolutely took second-round OL Jackson Carman with the hope he could develop into a tackle at some point. He’ll compete to start at guard as a rookie and could replace RT Riley Reiff long-term, who is set to be a free agent after this season.
- The starting job is fifth-round K Evan McPherson‘s to lose in a coming camp battle against Austin Seibert, per Morrison.
- While the Bengals only have six linebackers on the roster right now, Morrison points out they have yet to release an official list of undrafted free agents, plus they always have veteran LB Josh Bynes as a fallback as training camp draws closer.
- Denver 7’s Troy Renck reports the Broncos will try to find RT Ja’Wuan James‘ replacement this week. Renck mentions free agents OT Dennis Kelly and OT Bobby Massie as players who are expected to visit Denver.
- CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora named the Broncos as a potential landing spot for Packers QB Aaron Rodgers.
“The whole key to him? Veteran corner,” Mayock said, via Raiders.com. “True pro. Kids in the room are going to look up to him. He works hard at it every single day. He’ll be good for them both on and off the field. We’re excited to have him.”
“When I got [to Green Bay], those guys treated me just like everybody else,” Hayward said. “Tramon took me under his wing. … Obviously when I got there, I wanted to come in and play. But Tramon wasn’t worried about that. He was worried about the bigger picture. He wanted me to get better. He wanted to show me how to be a pro. Over the years, that’s what I’ve been trying to do as well. … That’s what it’s about.”