- According to Pro Football Talk, the Cincinnati Bengals are inviting QB Eric Dungey to their rookie minicamp. Dungey went undrafted out of Syracuse in 2019 and spent some time on the Browns’ practice squad.
- According to Mary Kay Cabot, the Browns don’t have any interest in Packers QB Aaron Rodgers and plan to stick by QB Baker Mayfield.
- Cabot also reports the Browns had some offers for pick No. 26, but didn’t want to drop because they didn’t think CB Greg Newsome would fall beyond the Saints or Packers at picks 28 and 29.
- The Browns preferred Newsome over Titans CB Caleb Farley due to Farley’s injury history.
- The Browns had LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah as a top 25 player in this year’s draft and have no concerns over his health, per Cabot.
- Cabot adds that the Browns took WR Anthony Schwartz at pick No. 91 because they believed he would be gone by their next pick at No. 110. Cleveland thinks Schwartz is a “developmental prospect” with No. 2 wide receiver upside.
Steelers’ GM Kevin Colbert is unsure if QB Ben Roethlisberger will return beyond the 2021 NFL season.
“I think Ben’s mindset is he’s focused on 2021 as we all are,” Colbert said, via Pro Football Talk. “I think we all go into it. We focus on now. We see where things lead. Beyond that, none of us know. Obviously, Ben’s at the back end of his career. He was terribly disappointed with the way we ended, the way he ended. Shortly after the end of the season, he came to us and said, ‘Listen, I want to be back.’ Of course, we had to work on some things contractually. Honestly, he set off a nice little surge because we had several players that were able to come back to us. Ben led the way by taking that pay cut.”
- Mark Kaboly of The Athletic doesn’t see the Steelers bringing in an offensive lineman or re-signing CB Steven Nelson and LB Avery Williamson.
- Kaboly was also surprised that Pittsburgh didn’t select a receiver during the 2021 NFL Draft.