The Cincinnati Bengals’ 2021 draft class is in the books! John and Anthony break it all down by giving their favorite picks, who could surprise and much more!
This year’s NFL Draft was quite the event, as this specific NFL event had its third-highest television rating ever. The Cincinnati Bengals had a big presence throughout the weekend, not only because of holding the No. 5 overall pick, but also because they made 10 total selections over the three days.
On paper, it appears the Bengals shored up many weaker areas of their football team, while also solidifying depth. On this week’s OBI podcast, we take a look at that class to see how everything and everyone fits going forward.
Who’s on the hot seat now? What were some of our favorite picks? Who could contribute earlier than expected? We answer these questions and a bunch more tonight on this week’s episode.
On tap this week:
- How steep will the special teams competition be this year?
- What does the lack of bringing in a rookie linebacker mean about the position group heading into summer?
- Josh Tupou and Renell Wren may have steep hills to climb in making the final roster this year.
- Rookie defensive linemen Joseph Ossai, Tyler Shelvin and Cam Cample could be immediate rookie contributors in specialized niche roles.
- Could Pooka Williams and Chris Evans actually make the roster as more slot receivers than running backs?
And much more! Our thanks to the massive amount of live listeners on various platforms and to those of you who tuned in afterward on your favorite streaming platform!
If you’re unable to join us live here at Cincy Jungle or YouTube for every episode, all of our podcast content is available here on CJ, the Stitcher, Spotify, iHeart Radio and Google Play Music apps, our Orange and Black Insider YouTube channel, as well as through Megaphone and, as always, on iTunes! Thanks for listening and go subscribe to our channels to be notified when we’re going live and when new episodes are available!