Another winning season, but would it meet expectations?
ESPN’s FPI game-by-game projections have the Kentucky Wildcats reaching a sixth straight bowl game but falling short of contention in the SEC East race.
FPI is defined as a “measure of team strength that is meant to be the best predictor of a team’s performance going forward for the rest of the season. FPI represents how many points above or below average a team is. Projected results are based on 10,000 simulations of the rest of the season using FPI, results to date, and the remaining schedule. Ratings and projections update daily.”
- Here are the game-by-game predictions for UK:
- Week 1: vs. Louisiana-Monroe Warhawks: W 1-0
- Week 2: vs. Missouri Tigers: W 2-0
- Week 3: vs. Chattanooga Mocs: W 3-0
- Week 4: at South Carolina Gamecocks: W 4-0
- Week 5: vs. Florida Gators: L 4-1
- Week 6: vs. LSU Tigers: L 4-2
- Week 7: at Georgia Bulldogs: L 4-3
- Week 8: at Mississippi State Bulldogs: L 4-4
- Week 9: vs. Tennessee Volunteers: W 5-4
- Week 10: at Vanderbilt Commodores: W 6-4
- Week 11: vs. New Mexico State Aggies: W 7-4
- Week 12: at Louisville Cardinals: L 7-5