The Cats sit at 2-0 with a real shot at a special season.
Now that the data from week 2 is available, ESPN has used each team’s performance to update its Football Power Index (FPI).
ESPN now projects the Cats to have an 8.4-3.7 record. The updated FPI also gives Kentucky a 0.1% chance of winning out and a 0.8% chance of winning the SEC with the 34th toughest strength of schedule remaining.
Here are the updated chances of victory for the Cats for the rest of their games this season.
- Sept. 18: vs. Chattanooga Mocs, 98.6% chance of victory
- Sept. 25: @ South Carolina Gamecocks, 58.7% chance of victory
- Oct. 2: vs. No. 11 Florida Gators, 33.5% chance of victory
- Oct. 9: vs. LSU Tigers, 62.7% chance of victory
- Oct. 16: @ No. 2 Georgia Bulldogs, 9.6% chance of victory
- Oct. 30: @ Mississippi State Bulldogs, 48.3% chance of victory
- Nov. 6: vs. Tennessee Volunteers, 68.9% chance of victory
- Nov. 13: @ Vanderbilt Commodores, 92.5% chance of victory
- Nov. 20: vs. New Mexico State Aggies, 99.1% chance of victory
- Nov. 27: @ Louisville Cardinals, 64.4% chance of victory
Do you agree with ESPN’s FPI projections for the Cats moving forward? Let us know in the comments section.