Can the Reds save their season?
If the Reds can save their season, they need to start today. Not next week, not after the deadline, today.
- Still no Nick Castellanos, after his sore wrist from getting hit by a pitch on Friday night.
- Whatever, I can’t be bothered to care any more about this team right now. Usually this is when they break off a good streak to get my hopes back up again, so fingers crossed that’s what’s next.
- Big shakeup today, as Michael Lorenzen goes back on the IL today after 1 (one) bullpen appearance. This team desperately needed some arms back and finally got one, and he went and got himself hurt trying to run the bases. What a mismanaged fucking mess.
- Also back on the Cionel Perez Memorial I-71 Corridor is the aforementioned Cionel Perez. R.J. Alaniz and Edgar Garcia are the next men up, and will hope that some new blood gets the job done more than the guys that are out there now. Alaniz is having a rock solid season coming into his second stint with the big league Reds, with a 2.25 ERA in 28 innings. Edgar Garcia has a similar 24 innings with a 3.38 ERA.
- To make room on the roster, the Reds DFA’d Jose De Leon and Mark Payton. It’s pretty disappointing to see the Reds give up on a guy that showed so much promise when they acquired him, and when we saw some bright spots over the last season and a half. The other guy is Mark Payton.
7:10 pm start, Bally Sports Ohio, WLW.
— Cincinnati Reds (@Reds) July 19, 2021
CIN: Vladimir Gutierrez (4-3, 4.29 ERA, 9 GS, 50.1 IP, 36 K)
MIL: Jerad Eickhoff (0-1, 4.97 ERA, 2 GS (3 G), 12.2 IP, 6 K)